Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Wonderful Day!

There are so many good things about today I don't know where to begin.

Well to start it off, I didn't have class till 2pm today. Quite unusual for a Monday but I am not complaining. Then I just had nice easy classes and the real fun started after I was done with class.

Today, I got to go to dinner with Heather and her roommate Gabby. Heather is awesome. We had a great talk and dinner ended up lasting about an hour and twenty minutes. I am very excited that I get to keep getting to know her. She reminds me a lot of Sam Duda. Love you, Sami!

After that I went back to the room and I saw I had a package in the mail. It was my Compassion Information Packet. I am now sponsoring a little girl named Zahara. She lives in Tanzania and is currently 5 years old. She is so precious and I am excited to make a difference in her life. With the money I send to her through Compassion, she will be able to have food and fresh water daily and go to school. Yay!

I also called Papa back because I had missed his call because I accidentally left my phone in the room. We got to have a very nice conversation and he is doing well since his surgery. He still is not feeling too well but I'm sure he'll be back on his feet in no time.

Finally, the jazz group we started here had it's first practice!!!!!! GAH! It was sooo exciting. We are learning Alice in Wonderland. Once we have a couple more practices, it is going to sound great. I am very excited for this group and cannot wait to get into more complicated things and really start rockin' some awesome music. The members are me, Katie, Eric, Jeana, Taylor and Matt. We started practice at about 8:30 and Katie and I stayed until 11 praticing and trying to teach me how to belt. It was awesome.

Well, I am going to sleep now. Laters!

P.S. Last night Megan and I went on a walk and we sat on the bowl fountain (you just have to see it) and she almost fell in trying to get off... funniest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers