Friday, October 2, 2009

Once Again...

I'm going to stop apologizing for not updating as often as I should because clearly it is not going to happen.

Let's see what is happening in my life. This week was a crazy week. Literally woke up on Monday went to all my classes and came back to the dorm and already wanted the week to be over. Missed Glee because of a meeting which was SOOOO sad but whatever. Gotta watch that tonight. Then on Thursday I went to see the Illinois State Symphony Orchestra. They were very good and the conductor was SUPER intense. The guy who played the triangle at the Orchestra concert played with such authority. I was inspired. I have now decided it is my life's goal to play the triangle for CSO. Not percussion, I would just specialize in triangle because it is clearly the most important instrument in the Orchestra. Well here is what we heard that night.

The Star Spangled Banner -- John Stafford Smith (1750-1836)

Carneval Overture, Op. 92 (1891) -- Antonin Dvorak (1841-1904)

Sinfonia Concertante, K 364 (K. 320d, 1779) -- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
Allegro Maestoso
Andante
Presto

Symphony No. 4 in F minor, Op. 36 (1877) -- Pyotr Ilyitch Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
Andante sostenuto-Moderato con anima
Andantino in modo di canzona
Scherzo; Pizzicato ostinato: Allegro
Finale: Allegro con fuoco


It was a great concert and I cannot wait for the next one!

Today I had 3 classes. That was nice. This weekend is gonna be awesome though! I will not spill anything that I am going to do but Becca and I are hanging out tonight and so more later. Get excited :)

Happy Friday everyone and have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers