Friday, June 25, 2010

Living It Up in Colorado

Hello everyone!

I am so excited I have the motivation to blog nearly everyday right now! So awesome!

Yesterday we went to Walmart for the first time since getting here. The car ride there was awesome! I was talking to this person who is on staff at Ohio State University named Dan and he was telling me that even while he was frustrated with the church at OSU he still knew that he was being called on staff. All of a sudden I felt this the only way I can describe it is a huge hug from God. I just heard this thought in my head that said "Hey, Kristin. I have big plans for your life and you don't have to worry about what is going to happen in your future. Get excited because it's going to be awesome!". I could feel God's love pouring out on me and it was an incredible moment that we had. So good! God has given me so much peace about my worries. I feel like I talk about that every time I blog.

On our way back we stopped at this store along the dam on the way to Loveland because Peggy wanted Pheasant Jerky. Daniel and I bought some Huckleberry Scones and we made them for project group today. So delicious. But going back to Thursday night. John's talk was really good. It was about Philippians 4 so check that out and really read and study it if you want some awesome direction for leaders.
After church, Daniel, Amy, Sammy and I went to dance more. SO much fun. Amy went to bed but the coolest thing that happened that night was the epic talk that Daniel, Sammy and I had. We literally talked till 5:30am. We didn't even notice how long it had been till we saw the sun rising.

Crazy.

But it was so good. I feel like we talked about everything. I am so glad that I know them and once again God is showing me that He put everyone here at LT for a reason. Not only that but He is revealing to me the people He specifically chose for me to build into and the people who He specifically put in my life to build into me. It's quite amazing.

Today was project group. It was pretty hard waking up even though we didn't have to be anywhere till 10am. We had solitude time at Lumpy's Ridge. I talked to God for a while and then I found a great big rock and took a nap on it. I felt like one of the lions from The Lion King. It was pretty awesome. I woke up completely refreshed and ready for the rest of my day.

We had life groups as well today. It was really good to hear that everyone in my life group is doing much better than last week and to see praises to God as well instead of just things that people are upset about or struggling with.

Well. We are having a bonfire tonight which should be fun. S'mores, hotdogs, the whole nine yards. I have work at 6am so I don't know how late I'll be out because of my late night last night.

More later!

2 comments:

  1. I think we've pretty much mastered the art of having a social life in Colorado. It's really true what they say about college. Working hard, having a social life, and sleeping: you only have time for two...and the two we picked made the sacrifice of the one so worth it!! Can't wait until Thursday to hang out again, and maybe this time get some sweet pics of the sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey KT - Sounds like you are having some awesome experieces in Colorado. Just remember Proverbs 3:5-6!! We really can have peace when we don't worry and trust GOD! I know it hard to give up the drivers seat to God. We will be in Colorado in less then 2 weeks! Yea!!
    P.S. get to sleep!! The doctors orders will be "SLEEP!!" -every "body" needs sleep! You can not stay healthy with out it!!
    Love ya- MOM

    ReplyDelete

Followers