Thursday, June 3, 2010

God is GOOOOOOOD!

So so so much to talk about people! Long post....again :)

So the day after my last post (climb up Thunder Mountain) I climbed Eagle Cliff after work with Chelsey and we had dinner at the top. It was beautiful and if you haven't seen the pictures from that hike yet, check them out on Facebook! Unfortunately I got a tick but I found it before it buried itself in my skin. I told Karissa and Katie and they have now decided my nickname is Love Bug....great... haha

Monday night, Katie (my other roommate) came and Karissa and I got to talk to her and just hang out and stuff which was a ton of fun! I love all the people I have met here. They are all very amazing.

Tuesday was the first night I got to lead worship with Eric, Jared, Tyler, Karissa, Ricky and Brett. It was amazing and I was TOTALLY filled with the Holy Spirit. I was not nervous in the slightest because I knew that I had to completely trust God and sing my heart out for him, not the people in the audience. I love when that happens, when you really connect to the words of a song and I love watching corporate worship. Just looking out into the crowd and seeing all of these people praising God and giving them all they've got is the coolest thing to see.

Wednesday, I had work....again. haha. And I was pretty ill but that's alright. I took a nap which was so nice. That night Katie, Karissa and I just had another incredible talk about guys and making sure that we aren't sending the wrong message and just how to have pure, intentional relationships with guys. Katie left to go to the Admin and Karissa and I grabbed dinner (at 9pm haha) and then continued the best talk. It is crazy when I talk to her because she has so much wisdom about God and I feel like we are SO similar it's crazy. I thank God for putting her in my life!

God made me realize that I am not alone in my struggles. He showed me that even when I feel like I'm the only one failing in a certain area that there is probably someone else who is at the same place.

People, I'm on fire. I have this burning passion to go out and share the overwhelming joy I have in my heart that makes me just want to scream like a little kid. I want this for all of you and I pray for you every night, that you would see the areas in your life that are holding you back from God and a passion for Him and His kingdom that surpasses everything you could ever dream.

I am very excited even to leave Colorado because I know that even if I left now, I would have a solid group of Christian girls that I could go to and talk to. Those same girls I was afraid to talk to are the girls who are becoming such close friends. It's amazing and I'm SO excited that God has given me the courage, even in the last week and a half to be myself. It is so freeing.

I am reading through the entire New Testament this summer and already it has been an awesome experience! I have never read the Bible in such big chunks before and it gives a whole new perspective to what I am reading. I love it! I know God is really challenging me to read through the whole Bible in 1 or 2 days. I mean, I did it with all of the Harry Potter books, why shouldn't I be able to read through the Bible in 12 hours? It's less pages. Haha So I'm planning on doing that eventually. I just need to have a free weekend...

Man! I really need to start doing this everyday because I just have so much to talk about and when I have 5 days worth of thoughts running through my head, it is hard to sort them ALL out and put them all into writing. I will try my best.

I would also love to hear from you guys! Feel free to comment on anything I have said or tell me about how God is working in your life by leaving a comment or shooting me an e-mail or facebook message! I would say just call but I have really bad service here since I'm in a valley sort of. I get fantastic service on top of the mountains though! Haha.

Have a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers