Saturday, July 3, 2010

Who needs a title anyway?

Wow.... Gotta eat my words again... Didn't keep that vigor of blogging almost everyday. Why does this always happen to me?

Anyway. Let's see if I can recap the past week. Here I go!
Saturday: This day, I worked and then we had ISU time. We talked about how we aren't really growing as a group like we wanted to. It kinda sucks because that was one of our goals coming out here this summer.

Sunday: All I remember about this day was being really really tired during workshop. It was the last one in the series so I will have a new workshop for four weeks starting next Sunday. Pretty sweet!

Monday: I went to work and then after work I ran up Bible Pointe. That's right, I RAN! So I can say that I have run up a mountain now. I haven't had time to run up Bible Pointe again but it will happen soon for sure. I also got to see Kelsey Gorman on this day. We had an awesome talk pretty much about everything and about where we are both at, things we don't like about organized religion, stuff like that. It was awesome!

Tuesday: Work and then worship band practice on this day. We had a guest speaker named John Werst. He painted a clear picture of the Gospel to make sure that we all understood what that really is. It was cool but for me, unnecessary. I have been questioning the validity of the Bible and whether or not Jesus actually existed and other things recently. I just was questioning what was reality and what was not. Right before church, Daniel came up to me and asked "Hey! Wanna have a deep theological discussion tonight?" Of course I said yes and when I asked about what he said "Determining what we can know is real or Truth (yes, with a capitol 'T' ". I was so excited that all I could do was give him this big hug because I had been praying that God would reveal the Truth to me somehow and now I had a chance to sort things out in my head with Daniel. So we had a sweet talk that night and stayed up late...again. Going into the talk, I honestly thought I was gonna come out of the conversation with more questions and doubts but God totally revealed Himself (like He always does haha). It was really cool! Sam was there too and we got to talk with her about some really tough stuff. I am excited to see where God takes her.

Wednesday: This was my day off (instead of Thursday). ISU went to Winter Park as a group and it was actually kind of fun. They have this HUGE alpine slide there (the biggest in Colorado) and you just fly on this thing. Two people in our group fell off and got pretty bad road burn. Gross. But it was really cool to bond with everyone and have a fun day off. We went to this pizza place in Winter Park called Hernando's. They serve Colorado-style pizza (who knew there was such a thing). When we got there, there were dollar bills with writing on them covering the walls. We also noticed that there was Honey on every table. I asked Rob what was up with that cuz I thought it was strange and I found out that you use it to dip your crust. Amazing people! Amazing! So thumbs up to Colorado-style pizza.

Thursday: Another uneventful day. Went to work and then I went to church. During the service, the only thing I got out of it was a conviction to right the wrongs I had done to people. So, if I have ever hurt you in anyway, please tell me so I can apologize. I am truly sorry and chances are I didn't even know I hurt you. I tend to joke around a lot and sometimes it hurts people. But like I said. If you have ever felt wronged by me, PLEASE tell me. After church, I got to have a really great talk with Max. What an awesome guy. It's really cool to hear about how he is growing and yea. I don't even really know what to say about our conversation without just telling you. Then I stayed up with Daniel and Sammy till 2 haha

Friday: So yesterday was project day. We got to hear testimonies in the morning and then we talked about this book called TrueFaced. It's really good. Then, after lunch we headed to Boulder, Colorado. Some people did evangelizing and some people just hung out. Kelsey came with us which was really cool and Rachel, Kelsey and I just walked around Colorado University. It's a beautiful campus. Sort of makes me want to transfer.... But anyway. So we got back to where we were supposed to meet everyone and people were talking about evangelizing and how that went. Karissa, Brian and Bethany came back and were telling everyone about these people they met who were painting in the quad. They said they talked to the "painters" about God and the Bible. The painting people said they would love to read the Bible since they had never done so but Karissa, Brain and Bethany didn't have Bibles with them to give. So as they are telling this story I go "You can take my Bible". So they took my Bible and Nicole's Bible and ran back to give it to them. So I am currently Bible-less but for a really cool reason! Everyone wanted to go to Panda Express afterward. I had never eaten at Panda Express, so it was an experience. While eating there, we saw a double rainbow. Another cool part about the weather was that it was raining while it was sunny out and it was raining on one side of the street we were on but not the other. Crazy! Twas very epic. Then I drove home and went to Kind Coffee to try it out. I was pretty disappointed in their espresso but Chels says they have good brewed coffee. Internet was completely down because of a storm on this day which is why I couldn't post until today. 

Today: Well last night/early in the morning today, I could not sleep at all because my stomach felt so uncomfortable. You know those times where you just want to throw up because you know it will make you feel better but you can't? Yea, that is what happened to me last night. So awful. So I went into work late this morning because i was still feeling awful at 5:45. I went to work and felt alright and then right after lunch, I got the same discomfort in my stomach so I left early. I just couldn't handle it. So no I am sitting in my bed and I am about to get a lot of letters written and stuff online accomplished. Including this blog post. I think this may be the longest post yet beside the "Ec-pic Story". But that's not about my life so I suppose that doesn't count. 

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day. I will try and feel better and I will post more often if I can. 

Praise God Always!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear that the ec-pic story is still the longest...haha! sounds like funzo, imma hafta try dipping pizza in honeyyy

    ReplyDelete

Followers