Sunday, July 18, 2010

And the days keep moving...

Hello all!

Wow. It has been over a week. Here is the latest update starting with not this past Thursday but the Thursday before that.
Thursday: We hiked Twin Sisters (over 11,000 feet). I decided to be awesome and go off the beaten path...by myself because I wanted to boulder up to the next switchback and meet the people i was hiking with there. Well.... turns out there was no "other" switchback because the trail went around the back side of the mountain. So here I was bouldering and lost for an hour and a half screaming every so often so I could see if my friends were around. I made it to a false summit and I finally heard a faint yell. And then I found the trail because we kept screaming at one another. All in all it was a fun adventure, I got to boulder halfway up Twin Sisters and I made it to the real summit. Suhweet! All in all...a great hike. Then we got back to the Y and my family came at 4pm! Got to chill with them and then go to the LT service. Shhhuper great.

Friday: On this day, my family and I headed to Boulder to chill. It was pretty fun. We did some shopping and I got some new hiking boots sooo that's cool. I think that is really all I did that day.. yea that's it.

Saturday: This day. We decided to go on a hike. I wanted to do Twin Sisters but we didn't leave early enough and I had a meeting. So. We did Eagle Cliff instead. I was feeling pretty sick that day and so my mom and I just talked on the side of the mountain instead of hiking all the way up. It was a good talk and stuff soo yea.

Sunday: We left for my Uncle Bob's house in Paonia, Colorado. We took Trail Ridge Road and Old Fall River Road and made many stops along the way to do some hiking in Chasm Falls and on a random mountain. It was really fun. The road is pretty intense. Here are some pictures of the two roads...


This is Trail Ridge Road


And this is Old Fall River Road.

Pretty intense.
Soooo yea. We got to Uncle Bob's house that night.

Monday: On this day, we went on a picnic in the woods. It was really fun cuz we grilled burgers and stuff on a portable grill. That's all I remember.

Tuesday: This day was AWESOME! I got to go white water rafting in the Colorado River. Our guide was crazy. I don't feel like writing a lot so just ask me about the crazy adventures our raft had if you get the chance.

Wednesday: Got back and went to work...the end

Thursday: Don't remember this day at all. But I do remember that after the LT service God just spoke to me and was like hey why don't you just spend time with me. I love spending time talking about God with other people I think it's soo cool and can be so good but recently I've been neglecting quality prayer time with God because I just have been spending that time with other people. But I had a really good prayer time with God and yea. I just need to do that more often for SURE!

Friday: had project day. We worked at this place called O.U.R. Center in Longmont, Colorado. We did volunteer work for them and stuff which was really cool. Pulling weeds all day! That's right, be jealous. They have a really cool organization there. Then we had ISU time and then I went to the dance lesson thing that Daniel and Brain had. I got to teach salsa with Daniel and dance a lot of Swing and Charleston with Brian. He was actually really good and I was impressed.

Then I got locked out of my room all night and had to sleep in the hallway until Katie got up...ask me about that too cuz I don't feel like writing.

Saturday: And now here I am after work still in my work clothes, talking to Max and finishing up this blog post. Epic Sweet. 

Thanks for all being wonderful people!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers