Monday, July 5, 2010

Yep. I totally got sick Saturday night and so I couldn't go to ISU time. I didn't go to work the next day but thankfully I felt fine by Sunday afternoon.

P.S.    HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

A little late... oh well

So Fourth of July was good. I finished reading this book called Jesus Without Religion which was really good. It just talks about Jesus and his life. Pretty cool. I got to meet with Mike Klunke too and we talked about how the New Testament came to be the 27 books that we have today. Pretty fascinating stuff.

Historical non-fiction is awesome. I just cannot get enough!

Must. Read. More.

Anyway. Highlight of my day was climbing Lumpy Ridge to see the fireworks! It was probably the most fun I have ever had seeing fireworks. Some of us are gonna climb Lumpy Ridge again and sleep up there since it's so beautiful. I have realized (since I have done it twice now) that hiking/climbing without shoes is the BEST THING EVER. I think I am going to start walking around barefoot much more often than not... I really need to get those FiveFingers things. Epic (look 'em up). While climbing up we had 2 people almost fall off a cliff we were climbing. Amanda had to scoot along an edge and then she grabbed my hand for support so if she had fallen I would have gone too. And then, we were spotting my friend Sam and she fell backwards. If Amber and I didn't catch her backpack, she would have fallen down a long way and probably wouldn't have made it. We almost got dragged down with her too. Hurray for cheating death! Love it. We had to climb down the mountain after fireworks in the dark which was really cool. Again... all barefoot, people!

My family is coming on Thursday! I get to see them after I get back from hiking Twin Sisters. I'm gonna be above tree line and one more step closer to LONG'S PEAK!!! So excited :)

Well that's all the update that I have for now. I'm off to read some more and work out. Then bonfire for Andrew's birthday!

Have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers