Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Love and the Cosmos

Went to the bonfire last night. It was pretty fun! Then we went on a late night walk to the Livery (where they keep the horses) close to the outdoor chapel. We wanted to walk past it but instead we just sat by this cross that is out there and we got to experience God first hand. We prayed together, out loud which was so cool. I just really felt God saying that we have His unlimited power behind everything we do, so nothing is impossible. NOTHING! Not even a road trip through South American next summer...cough *Mom and Dad* cough. Can't wait to for His plans for me. Anyway... As we were praying, we were all looking at the stars and right when we finished the stars multiplied to 20 times the amount that were in the sky while we were praying. It was SO cool and totally a God moment. It's amazing people can say that all of this came to be without intelligent design. Crazy.

I had a really great talk with my amazingly awesome co-worker Meredith about love today.

We basically have the same view on love which is pretty cool. We are both afraid of the "L-word". It's a pretty intense deal. Basically we talk about how love is a choice, day in and day out. In addition to that, I think that it is crazy when people can honestly say that they love someone when they haven't even been dating for at least a year. I kind of don't want to say I love someone until there is talk of a ring. Sounds insane but I guess I just want to know. Until you get married, I really think you don't know true love. I mean, I think you can experience a version of love. Enough love that you think, "This is as good as it gets". It gets better! I don't know if that made any sense. And where does the phrase "I love you" lead to? Shenanigans or marriage or false expectations. That's just how it is.

But we had fun today just goofing around and trying to set Lorraine up with the Espresso Machine repair man. HILARIOUS!

I am over halfway done in Colorado. I can't believe it. I feel like school is creeping up fast and I am excited to go back. I am not excited to not have amazing bouldering spots a 5 minute walk from my dorm. Sad day.

Good thing is, I think I am going to get FiveFingers if I can convince my parents it is a great investment and that they should get them for me for my birthday! WOOT! I love walking barefoot now.

And that's it. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers