Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day by Day... Minute by Minute

I can't believe that summer is almost over. Earlier this week I was SO ready to go home. I really just missed everyone back in Illinois and I felt like I was just missing out on a lot of life there. Now I am feeling nervous to leave Colorado! I may just have to come back next year :)

Sunday night was really good. I didn't know where my workshop was and so I ended up going to "The Secret Life of Women". SOOO GOOD! It was totally a God thing that I ended up there. I really realized that I am really good at staying just friends with guys but they are not very good at staying just friends with me. I realized how much I need to watch what I do because so often my actions don't affect how I feel about someone but it does affect how they feel about me. So if you are one of those people I am so sorry. I'm just really sick of feeling like I play guys. 

Tuesday night's worship was awesome. I haven't been that happy in a while. I was so full of joy that I cried. It was amazing. Here are a few songs that everyone needs to listen to and just mull over the words and see how much truth they speak:

Remedy -- David Crowder Band

How He Loves -- David Crowder Band

Shine Your Light on Us -- Robbie Seay Band

So good. 

Thursday I did an epic hike. I hiked FHOT (Flattop: 12,324 ft, Hallets: 12,713 ft, Otis: 12,486 ft, Taylor: 13,153 ft.) Super awesome! But kind sucked at the same time. The fast group (which I was in) had to keep waiting for the slow group to summit each mountain and so a 7-9 hour hike turned into a 14 hour hike which was crazy. We had to slide down Andrew's Glacier (the only way to get down the mountain quickly) and because we took so long a huge thunderstorm rolled in and we got hailed on while sliding down this mountain. Crazy! It was really fun thought and there were BEAUTIFUL views from up there. I'll have pictures up on facebook soon that you can all see. We also saw a marmet, a pika and a bear up there which was really cool and you had an amazing view of Long's Peak and all of these mountain lakes and ponds. They are all so clear and beautiful.

Yesterday we got to go talk to people in Fort Collins on CSU's campus which was really cool. We were just asking people what they thought spirituality meant to them and stuff and we ended up sitting down with this girl Hillary. She was the nicest person I have ever met in my life. Hillary, Rachel and I talked to her during her lunch break and we just had the same views about everything even though she isn't a Christian. She talked about how hypocritical she sees Christians being and how love is not their first priority and stuff and I sat there and I was like I AGREE! We also talked about how we really don't like organized religion and how injust the world is an stuff. It was just a really good talk and she was really open with us and we were really open with her. So cool. She told us at the end that we had given her hope that there are true Christians out there who really believe what they say. That was an amazing thing to hear from this girl. She has been really hurt by the church like so many people have and it is totally unfair. 

Sometimes the church has done a really bad job of loving people and that is the theme of my life. Learning to love people to the best of my ability in the way that they need/want to be loved. That is what I pray for every day of my life, that God would show me how to do that.

Then that night, we went to the staff talent show and Katie and I stayed with Karissa and her sister Kira before they left for Idaho to go to their friend's cabin (who wants a cabin in Idaho? Woot we can frolic through potatoes? haha)

Well, that is all for now. I will hopefully talk to you all soon! 

Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers