Monday, March 18, 2013

Thursday: Finally!

Candice decided that she wanted to try and cook and American meal for everyone and so I went to the market with her to get groceries. I'm so upset that I didn't bring the camera because the little local market we went to was so beautiful! All of the seasonal vegetables were bright and gorgeous and I just loved it. We got so much food and Candice decided to make chili and a vegetarian stew.

On our way back, Candice shared her testimony with me which I was very grateful for. The Lord has saved us from similar lies and it was awesome getting to know her. An interesting story she to me was this. I guess at one point, Candice signed up for a 4th level Italian class. She had been to Italy before and could sort of speak but she figured she had some experience and so it wouldn't be that hard. She had a really difficult time with the class and wanted to just give up but then she started having these dreams. In the dreams, people would come up to her speaking Italian and asking for help and she could totally understand them but couldn't speak any Italian. She decided that she had to work hard so that she would be able to share her story with others and help the Italians come to know The Lord. So cool!

At English clubs we talked about our hopes and dreams for our lives. I told the group that my goal in life is to help others realize and pursue their passions. Luigia asked a really good question after that. She said, I see that you have peace in your heart and I can imagine it but I don't understand it. I don't have peace in my heart. Do you feel good because you get it from somewhere else and that is why you can help people? Or do you help people because it makes you feel good. So basically is helping others a selfless or selfish act. I told her that when I was 8 after a kid's program on valentines day I accepted Christ. That didn't mean I was all of a sudden perfect but it did mean that despite what happened in my life, I had a peace that passed understanding (like it says in the Bible we will have). She asked if I ever have doubts or questions and I told her of course! I definitely ask God why he allowed certain things to happen what is going on or his motives and intentions with my life and I told her it is okay to ask questions, to inquire of The Lord. I said above all the important thing is that you have the gift of Jesus. If you want peace that passes understanding, you need to accept the gift that is him.

After that we had a scavenger hunt around the city and had the delicious dinner that Candice and Katie cooked and had wonderful conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers