Saturday, March 9, 2013

Plane Ride

Every flight I can remember taking, my dad would always get tomato juice and so, for my brother and I it has become a tradition to get tomato juice while in flight. Hence the picture.

For my flight from O'Hare to London I was sitting next to a lady, Julian and her daughter, Ana. They are from London but went to visit her brother in Louisville. Their whole family is originally from Ghana. I didn't get to talk to them much because I was trying to switch my sleep schedule to Turin time ( when we left it was 11:00pm there).

From Heathrow to Munich
Flew into some London fog (literally) and made our connecting flight to Munich. Met Farouk. He lives in the United States with his daughter but is going to visit his family in Cairo. He was very kind and told me to be careful in Italy and to be sure I wrote down everything I took a picture of. He also said, "Go for anything and let it fail but don't expect it to fail. If it does, oh well". He is Muslim and told me about how all Jews, Christians, and Muslims should accept one another. I was sad that I didn't get to talk about why I believe in God but I am glad that I met him. It made me realize that I just don't know how to share my faith with Muslims. That may be some of what the Lord teaches me this trip. I also loved the clouds in this flight. I took a stab at getting a good picture of them. They were just so beautiful. The pictures I took do no justice.

Often during the flights I have been thinking of the verse that says Mary pondered all of these things in her heart. That's what I want to do. I want to ponder all of the experiences I have with the Lord in my heart.

Now, we are waiting to board our flight to Turin. I'll blog about it when I get there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers