Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Discouraged

Man.

I really am just plain discouraged. I can't do anything but think about all the things I could be doing right now with my life and just how apparently ignorant I am to opportunities I have. I just did some EXTREME facebook stalking (that's besides the point) and got to see what people are doing for their summers. At least half of the people I knew in high school are living in another country for the summer.

WHAT!? One of the people I knew even has an internship in Tanzania. She's getting paiddddddddd. I have been trying to figure out how to visit my sponsor kids (in Tanzania) the cheapest way possible for a while now...

How did I not know about these things? I know I'm supposed to be here for the summer but it's just frustrating to not know about these options till now. Then again maybe that's for a reason because otherwise I probably wouldn't have been here for the summer. I probably wouldn't be gaining the knowledge I am gaining in order to do crazy things without needing a travel group. I probably wouldn't have the support of my parents. I probably would need a ton of money that I don't have in order make this happen.

It's good I'm not gone this summer. It's good that this stuff is all I can think about. Thinking is good; maybe it will take me somewhere.

My summer's mantra: God is in control.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristin. Sorry to hear you're down. I'll be praying.

    It's really frustrating to be stuck. I think I can empathize to some degree with the feeling of being tied down somewhere while the world passes you by. It can be really rough to be in that place and feel that nothing is happening.

    I'd just encourage you to wait on God in this time. Pray and worship. Perhaps He's allowed this time so that you can recharge to do even greater things in August.

    I hope that my male bent to fix things isn't overshadowing the purpose I had when I started out writing this, which is to say that God hasn't forgotten you Kristin. You are still awesome and valuable to God regardless of how much you accomplish. My bet is that through this time of rest at home God's going to accomplish something awesome in and through you.

    That said, I can still understand how waiting on His timing can be difficult. I'll be praying for you and this situation. God bless, keep your chin up, God has great plans for you! (Jeremiah 29:11)

    ReplyDelete

Followers