Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weeks

That's right. I have just a couple weeks left here at LT until I am back at school! Crazy!


Monday was my birthday. I was taken out to get sushi and I got this beautiful journal from my friends here in Colorado. Pretty awesome

Tuesday I got to baptize one of my friends, Sammy Brooks with Daniel! It was SO cool. The picture at the top is after we baptized her. I just could not believe that someone would ask me to be a part of that or that I have impacted her life like that. So epic awesome.

Wednesday...Can't remember this day!

Thursday I saw Inception. It made me think of God stuff. Basically the Earth is God's created alternate reality for us. Once we die in this "dream" we go to actual reality which is God. He is the ultimate reality. Eventually, God will create a new perfect alternate reality. Pretty interesting stuff. Then my project group went to have a bonfire. Justin, Amber, Daniel and I stayed up till 4am. The other two went to bed but Daniel and I stayed up all night and then went to get donuts from the Donut Haus (amazing donuts!) for our project group with Justin.

Friday was the last project group day!!! GAH! So much fun. We got to have life groups and stuff and Just and Amanda made us lunch. The very end of the day, Justin and Amanda washed our feet to show us that they wanted to be servant leaders to us till the very last moment. It was interesting, God totally changed my perspective on getting my feet washed. Way back when in Junior High, Andrew (my youth leader) washed our feet at a youth conference we were having. I was crying like crazy because I just felt so undeserving and unworthy. This time, God has been teaching me that I do deserve to be loved and served and so God said, "Kristin, let your leaders show you servant leadership so that you can go do likewise for others". SOOOOO awesome.

Saturday was a crazy day at work. Totally tested my patience. Jess and I were working alone and we sold over $1000 that morning (just to give you an idea, $600 is a busy day). SOO we were really frustrated.

The customers this week have been soooo rude and awful to us. I just can't understand why they feel so entitled, first of all, and secondly, why they feel as though they are the only person on the face of the planet. I mean there are people starving just down the street and people are complaining that we only have light cream cheese instead of regular. If that's the worst thing you have going on, then I would love to have your life. Oh my gosh. Sooo frustrating. I am not looking forward to the night shift tomorrow when people are demanding ice cream... shmer.

Well that is all!

2 comments:

  1. You got to baptize Sammy-How Awesome! Such a different perspective on the things we do and experience in life, as you grow and mature in your faith!
    God Bless and enjoy your time left in Colorado. See you soon-
    LOVE YA- MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two have changed my life more than you will probs ever know. Love you both so much and could not have picked anyone better to stand beside me in my baptism. Love you both so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers