Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Days

That's right... DAYS TILL I AM HOME!

Crazy. I guess I should probably do a little bit of a wrap up for all you wonderful people. So here it goes.

15 Things I will miss about LT/have learned at LT:

1) I will miss...the amazing people I have met out here. It has been awesome to know and be known.
2) I have learned...to let people in on my not so perfect life. To be vulnerable and not be afraid to be truly known
3) I will miss...DEEP THEOLOGICAL DISCUSSIONS! mostly with Daniel haha
4) I will miss...feeling like I can talk about my doubts in my faith with anyone
5) I have learned...even though its hard for me, that I deserved to be loved and served and that it is okay to let people serve and love me
6) I have learned...that every single person in my life has been put there to build into my life and for me to build into their life. It's a beautiful situation
7) I have learned...growth is not easy. It is always hard and you will always cry.
8) I have learned...that dealing with past disappointments in your life is important in order to move on to other things
9) I will miss...HIKING! (never thought I would say that...)
10) I will miss...the beauty that surrounds me and walking through a postcard on my way to work every day
11) I have learned...that questioning your faith is okay and that it really causes you to figure out what you believe
12) God continues to grow you even when you feel stagnant and discouraged
13) I will miss...my project and life group
14) I will miss...worshiping with Karissa
15) I will miss...stargazing. There are a billion more stars that you can see here.
**Bonus: I will miss...having an excuse to not shower for 3 days in a row because you are gonna be hiking all 3 days anyway! haha


15 Things I will not miss about LT/ things I am looking forward to after LT:

1) I will not miss...waking up at least by 5:30am for work if not earlier to go on a hike.
2) I am looking forward to...not being in a Christian bubble. I don't feel like God has called me to do that at all. Community is so important and so awesome but I feel like it is so easy to get complacent if you do that.
3) I will not miss...Spruce food. Home-cooked meal, here I come!
4) I am looking forward to...taking everything I learned out here back to ISU and applying it to my life. This is not just a "summer camp" high. This has been a life changing experience
5) I am looking forward to...loving people in a radical way and more fully. Because I have learned what it is to be loved and what that means I feel I can do a better job at doing that :)
6) I will not miss...crappy phone service/internet. I am so sorry to the people back home because I really would have liked to talk to you guys more. It was just so hard.
7) I will not miss...being soooo busy. A 40 hour work week + LT stuff + hikes + time with friends + trying to talk to people back home = zero time.
8) I will not miss...feeling like I can't get adequate God time.
9) I will not miss...being 1000 miles away from what I really call home
10) I am looking forward to meeting the new freshman and transfers and getting the chance to really build into their lives
11) I am looking forward to a potential direction for my life and being able to continue to trust God with my future plans
12) I will not miss...crying
13) I am looking forward to...continuing my always growing faith in God
14) I am looking forward to...being able to run for miles without being short of breath (at least until I get re-acclimated)
15) I will not miss...feel stuck at the YMCA. Beautiful place but there's not a whole lot to do on "Y" grounds.
**Bonus: I will not miss...the showers/bathrooms (trust me...it's sad that I am looking forward to Colby 5 showers/bathrooms...)

So that is kind of a run down of some...stuff. haha and that's all i got

I just wanted to let you know also that I hiked CCYF [Chapin (12,454 ft) Chaquita (13,069 ft) Ypsilon (13,514) and Fairchild (13,502)] on Thursday. The other two people I was with only CCY and I decided to do Fairchild really quick while they rested before the hike down on Ypsilon. It was really fun. I got to wait out a thunderstorm that a hikemaster didn't even wait out (check out this pic!) and see a beautiful view.



And end monologue. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers