Friday, April 9, 2010

www.toms.com

If you've never been to the TOMS website, you should go. It's really an awesome shoe store with an even greater purpose. For every pair of shoes they sell, they send a pair to kids who have no shoes. That being said, they had "One Day Without Shoes" day yesterday. I did it all day. It was quite the experience. I really didn't think that not having shoes all day would affect me that much but I was proven wrong. The ground was freezing all day because the sun was not out and walking on the pavement felt like there were needles going into my feet. I can't imagine walking around like that all day. And your feet are so susceptible to gross and nasty things and being cut up and stuff. KK and I walked back from our friend's house which was only about 3 blocks away from our dorm at like midnight but it was awful. We were thanking God that we had shoes the whole way home. It was just a powerful experience. I think one of the highlights was getting to wash my feet when we got home from our final walk outside without shoes. It was happy for me that I got to wash away my day and have clean feet once again but then I thought of all of the kids that don't get to do that and I thought about all the shoes that I have that I don't use. I need to donate them. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers