Tuesday, April 6, 2010

This past weekend was Easter weekend which was so exciting. I mean, seriously, how can you not be excited about someone coming back from the dead... on their own. CRAZY! This weekend was really good because I got the best of both worlds. A little bit of family, a little bit of friends, and just an overall happy weekend.

I got to spend time with my family which was a lot of fun. We had some great discussions, crazy comments and everything else in between which made family dinners quite...interesting. I went to Saturday night service at Willow Creek in Barrington. If you've never been to the Barrington campus I highly recommend going because first of all the pastors that speak there are incredibly insightful and they somehow make it feel like they are speaking directly to you each week. Also, it's just a sight to see. The worship center seats over 7,200 people. It's quite amazing to sing with 7,200 other voices in praise to God.

I also got to spend time with friends. I went to Duda's house on Friday night for a bonfire which was a lot of fun. I was nice seeing people but it was also eye opening for me to see people and realize I was never really friends with them or I had no reason to talk to them anymore. It made the night even better because then I just spent it with the people that I actually wanted to see and talk to. Tony and I had an awesome talk. If you don't know him, you should. He is such a great guy with an even greater heart.

Yesterday was a little hectic, re-choosing classes, trying to make decisions I know I can't make, thinking of all I have to do this week and doing none of it. It was frustrating but I did get girl scout cookies from the girls who were selling them on the quad. Smart parents!

That brings me to today. Today is much better as you can see, I even have time to blog so clearly a less stressful day. I just finished laundry and it is sprawled around my room so I didn't have to spend more money on the dryer. Now I should be doing something but listening to Jason Robert Brown sounds like a much better idea. I'm off to attempt to get something done. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers