Monday, November 23, 2009

BOSTON!!!!!!

Soooo. I got to go to Boston for the past few day! Best decision ever! :-)

Wow. So much to talk about!

So I got here on Saturday morning around 10am and Gavin wasn't expecting Alexis and I until like midnight that night. So I text him as I have been sitting in the airport for like 2 hours. Turns out Alexis still isn't supposed to get in till midnight! CRAZY!!! So Gavin takes the subway to get me and we took the subway back to where he lives. I decided that since I was on the East Coast, I had to get some legit seafood. We went to this place called Legal Seafood which was quite delicious. Our waiter made us get oysters, East and West Coast. I'm very glad I had water sitting next to me... I will never eat another oyster again. They are just slimy and gross and all you can taste is the saltwater. SICK! Legal Seafood does have amazing clam chowder that I greatly enjoyed and the scallops tasted super fresh. It was funny though, the waiter asked us like SEVEN time if we wanted some wine. Gavin and I were like uuhhhhhhh, no.... haha apparently we look old. stoked.

That night I got meet Ricky Valadez and the band, Ricky, Luke, Tyler and Gavin. Definitely check them out on Facebook if you get a chance. SUPER AWESOME! I got to see them practice and I totally got to have a sweet jazz jam with them, scatting and all. We ate at this place called Cappy's afterwards where it's like $2.50 for a piece of pizza the size of your body and saw the three story Apple Store. It was a great night.

We then met up with Derek and just chilled for the night. He was totally just showing off and stuff. Super Ridiculous bahaha just kidding! Derek is awesome!

Then Sunday!

Gavin took me around to see Boston. We went to Newbury Strizeet! It pretty much has anything that you want store wise. Lots of cool specialties stores too. Like a comic book store that was super epic! Just a bunch of comic books and lots of CD's. It was pretty cool. We went to Upper Crust which is this great little pizza joint that is only in Boston. I got a pizza with tomatoes, basil and eggplant on it. Pretty unusual but twas delicious!

We then walked to the Boston Commons. On our way, we saw this cool looking cemetery. We also went to this park. Gavin swore that there were these fake ducks somewhere in the park but there were none to be found. We all know that Gavin is going insane, something about the salt in the air from being so close to the ocean.... BUT we did see these kids playing QUIDDITCH! dude. yea. legitimate quidditch, broomsticks and all.... later we posted that story on averagewizard.com and we made it on! pretty much greatest accomplishment of our lives... pathetic hahaha.

We then went to chill with Luke and Tyler. They have this HUGE room that is supposed to be for three people but it's only them so they have a sweet set up. This included "The Aura" and Ugaloo the chicken god. Don't even worry about it. Then Rickaaaay came over and we all just chilled for a whizile.

Then Derek came over to Gavin's after we got back to his apartment and then Derek took me to see the Charles River. Very pretty view. We got into a fist fight with the Dunkin' Donuts cashier.... baha not really but pretty much.

Great talks are amazing. I feel like when you really sit down and talk with someone you learn so much about the other person but even more importantly you learn so much about yourself. I love great talks and I am always down for them.

Then Monday... my last day here. I pretty much slept all day cuz the room I stayed in has no windows so when you wake up you pretty much think it's still night time and you kind of lose the will to wake up and because Gavin had classes. So then around 6pm we went to dinner at an authentic Indian restaurant which was actually pretty good and now I'm packing and getting ready to leave bright and early tomorrow morning.

Well that's all I've got. I will definitely travel more often because I love it. I want to go everywhere and experience new things and people. It would be the perfect job. Well onto the rest of my Thanksgiving Break and if I don't blog till after... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a safe and great time in Boston! I think you got the travel bug from me!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers